BSBI publishes or supports a range of botanical books, including:
- Grassland plants of the British and Irish lowlands (published autumn 2019)
- Vegetative Key to the British Flora by John Poland & Eric Clement (2nd ed. due January 2020)
- Threatened Plants in Britain and Ireland
- John Poland's Twig Key
- The Hybrid Flora of the British Isles
- Our series of BSBI Handbooks for difficult plants; the latest addition to the series is Handbook #20 Hawkweeds of south-east England - published April 2020.
We currently publish four periodicals:
- our new scientific journal British & Irish Botany;
- our membership newsletter BSBI News;
- our monthly BSBI eNews for all botanical recorders;
- our Yearbook for BSBI members.
Our historical journals and back issues of BSBI News are accessible from our online archive.
BSBI's agent for sales of our Handbooks, titles such as the Hybrid Flora and other botanical books is Paul O’Hara of Summerfield Books. Contact Paul to sign up for Summerfield Books' quarterly newsletter.