Kent Botanical Recording Group
The group was formed in March 2010 for the purpose of being a focus for the recording of vascular plants in Kent by: providing a means of contact and communication, open to all who are interested in botanical recording in Kent; and
- liaising with and supporting other natural history organisations with relevant interests.
KBRG arranges field meetings and forwards records to the BSBI and the Kent and Medway Biological Records Centre.
Having completed a general county resurvey over the ten-year period from 2010, the group is following up issues from that survey and focusing on Rare Plant Register records and Kent Biodiversity Strategy species.
- Application for membership (rtf) (revised 2019)
Kent Rare Plant Register
Please visit the Kent Rare Plant Register 2023 page.
Identification of Kent plants: Resources by Lliam Rooney
Follow Lliam's YouTube channel for his complete collection of 17 plant ID videos, or use the links below to go direct to videos for:
- Cardamine flexuosa and hirsuta
- Ceratophyllum demersum and submersum
- Equisetum fluvatile
- Equisetum palustre (Marsh Horsetail)
- Galanthus elwesii
- Forget-me-not (Myosotis) key
- Myosotis secunda
- Sagina apetala and filicaulis
- Tufted Forget me not
- Winter Heliotrope
- Euphrasia (Eyebrights)